Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ash wednesday


It's Ash Wednesday.  I'm embracing the ashes, a symbol of repentance of sin. Sin leads to death.  Without the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, I am physically and spiritually dead.  The ashes are a symbol, not at all necessary for holiness or relationship with God in Jesus Christ.  The Christian calendar year and liturgical calendar are still fairly new to me.  With each year, I learn a little more, embrace these seasons more wholeheartedly.  These seasons are healing.  In observing them, they become intentional opportunities to open my heart to for the Lord to revive areas that need healing and wholeness.



The season of lent is becoming my favorite time of year!  These forty days, I choose to intentionally repent, reflect, worship and be renewed by the Holy Spirit.  One way I'm intending to lean in to hear his voice more clearly is by choosing not to read blogs.  This is something that I really enjoy ...so much inspiration and encouragement out there in blog-land!)  Instead, I will replace the time spent on reading blogs with more time reading scripture, receiving hope, instruction and  encouragement from the Lord.  To God be the glory!

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. 
Psalms 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment